Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Person I Admire

When asked the question of who you admire most, many people would name drop. They'd say Obama for overcoming diversity, or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet for being successful. The person i admire may not have overcome the odds on such a big scale, or be a millionaire. The person i admire is my dad. My dad has been the one person i can always count on. He has been there for me when i need him, and is caring, helpful and energetic. My dad has passed those traits onto me. My dad is the person i admire most.

My dad has taught me so many life lessons. The most important one is to always be early, and to plan ahead because you never know what unexpected things may come up. He also has helped make me a well-rounded person by challenging my views on everything. He has taught me that there are more than just 2 sides to every story, more than just black and white. He also has taught me to do what i feel is right, regardless of the consequences, and backlash it may inflict upon me.

This will prepare me for my future because it has made me a well rounded person. Every problem and situation i may encounter, i will be able to look at rationally and make the right decision for me. I'll be able to do that as a result of him challenging my views on everything. I'll also be able to make the right decision for me because he taught me to do what i need to regardless of others. My dad has prepared me for life by always being there for me, and i know that he will continue to teach me lessons and help me succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers